Price on Stanley #6 & #7 Jointer Planes

Home Forums Baton Rouge Woodworking Club Forum Price on Stanley #6 & #7 Jointer Planes

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jarrett Lambert 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Jarrett Lambert
    Participant

I came across a couple Stanley jointer planes today at an antique store, a #6 & #7. Not knowing anything about planes and their values, I wasn’t sure if the price was reasonable. They wanted $49 for each one. They both seem to be in pretty good shape to me. Can anyone tell me if that price seems reasonable? Looking around the internet (ebay, etc.) the $49 seems like a deal, but I realize the internet prices are probably ridiculous.

Kesh Ikuma
    Participant

Jarrett,

I bought #7 (Type 13) in a good shape off eBay a couple years ago for $69. So, #7 in a good shape for $49 would be a steal IMO. IIRC, Post-WWII Types may go for a little less. Any chance you’ve taken photos (to id the types)? I suspect Terry or Jackie could give you more concrete answer, especially given type no.

FYI, here is the link to the Plane Dating Flowchart @ hyperkitten.com:
    http://www.hyperkitten.com/tools/stanley_bench_plane/start_flowchart.php

Jarrett Lambert
    Participant

Thanks for the info. and link Kesh. Unfortunately I didn’t take pictures. I don’t know why I didn’t, I usually do. I think I’ll go back soon and look at them again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.