WBR Museum Event

Home Forums Baton Rouge Woodworking Club Forum WBR Museum Event

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Mark 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Mark
    Participant

The West Baton Rouge Museum is having their annual Holiday Open House on December 3, at 1:00 to 4:00. They would like to have a woodworking demonstration during that time. Any volunteers?

Terry Landry
    Participant

Mark,
    I’d like to participate. What will we be doing? What do I need to bring?

Mark
    Participant

Terry, I won’t be there. I will be at the Rural Life Museum for their Rural Christmas event, demonstrating joinery. For the WBR Museum, it is totally up to you what you do. The museum itself is geared around early 20th century life in Louisiana with an emphasis on the sugar industry. But any demonstration for visitors related to woodworking would be fine.

There is a bench there with no vises. Kesh made some vises with pipe clamps that can be clamped to the workbench if you would like to use those. I have them at home right now, but can get them to the museum or to you at the next meeting.

There is also a tool box with some old tools in it in the woodworking room. I wouldn’t depend on these to be in working order for any demonstrations, so bring what you need.

Let me know if you decide to participate or for more details. The museum and patrons will very much appreciate the club providing another artisan. Hope you and one or two more can be there.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.